Thursday, April 15, 2010

Explanation for my absence.

Okay this blog hasn't been updated in forever.  But I swear it's not due to neglect.  The simple explanation for this is - I've been so busy I haven't finished a single book since January.  Not.  A.  One.  I have 100 pages left in What is the What, 100 pages left in One Hundred Years of Solitude, and in between that I've got through half of Jose Donoso's Obscene Bird of Night, Julio Cortazar's Hopscotch and Blowup and Other Stories and 7/8 of the way through Near to the Wild Heart by Clarice Lispector.  All of these were for a class that is so kicking my ass that I haven't been able to get all the way through a single book before I've found it necessary to move on to the next.  And I've had to put aside all pleasure reading as well because I'm so incredibly busy.

Beyond that, I've started reading George Saunders' Civilwarland in Bad Decline and Aimee Bender's Girl in the Flammable Skirt, and have been loaned Anne Carson's Autobiography of Red.  I also recently purchased House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros and Gentlemen of the Road by Michael Chabon at AWP (something else I'd like to blog about at length but can't seem to find the time or stamina to do so).  This second semester of school is seriously kicking my ass.  But I'm hoping to get some good reading and writing under my belt in the summer... a month away.

Until then, bear with me please.

=edit= Oh wait.  I have finished ONE book.  Motorman.  For one of my other classes.  I guess I'll put that on my finished pile...

0 drops:

Post a Comment