Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blah blah writing blah blah

It's been a fun-filled last couple of weeks since I finished my last paper, what with my birthday passing and lots of trying to get in some fun time out West before I move back. That means I haven't really been reading, and writing isn't moving along as well as I'd like. Instead of getting in 3000 words a day like I was hoping, I'm getting MAYBE 1000 a day. And that's after a lot of hemming and hawing because I'm so stuck. This novel is kicking my butt. I feel like I'm stalling as I write scenes, which is never a good sign. I met a screenwriter this weekend who told me it took him 3 1/2 years to write his first screenplay, which was his way of encouraging me. He told me the first one is always the hardest because you're trying to figure out your process. But that after the first one, it'll get easier.

So I keep telling myself this. This will get easier. Because right now I have NO IDEA what I'm doing!

Cheers!

1 drops:

Empress Awesome said...

I have no idea what you're doing either, but keep it up. The title of your blog made me laugh and spit up my apple sauce like a baby. And now I've just pooped on your blog. My day is just made.

Post a Comment