Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A little Road moment...

I am currently in the process of writing a 12-15 page paper on The Road vs. Blood Meridian. It's killing me, only because I haven't written a real English paper since junior year of college (and even then it wasn't really a PAPER, it was part of a take-home final).

I am so relieved I got special permission to at least write about this though. I might have had to papercut my wrists if I had to do the undergrad paper topics.

In any case, the only reason I mention this is because, as everyone well knows, The Road is my favoritest book ever (I can read it a million times and still be struck with the same emotions I got the first time around). And I don't think I posted anywhere one of my favorite moments in the book:

You're not the one who has to worry about everything.
The boy said something but he couldnt understand him. What? he said.
He looked up, his wet and grimy face. Yes I am, he said. I am the one.
--[pg. 259, The Road]


No matter how many times I read that section, I get chills, it's so beautiful.



7 pages written, 5 to go. I have so much to say, but at the same time, I'm having a lot of trouble organizing and making things relevant so it feels like I don't have enough and that I'm pulling teeth here...

2 drops:

mary jo said...

Did we just have a conversation last night at Barnes and Noble?

angelle said...

haha, i don't think so?

Post a Comment