Friday, April 24, 2009

Like a shadow that disappears

The next book I read for my adolescent lit class was A Certain Slant of Light. It's about a lost soul who meets another lost soul that has taken over a body that was abandoned (the kid did too many drugs so his soul just abandoned ship). They fall in love, she finds another abandoned body to cleave to, and thus begins a journey of love and also of navigating through the lives of the people they now inhabit.

The book was interesting enough that I read it all in one night, mostly because it's strange and the language is more lyrical than most of what you see in some of these YA lit novels. The premise is strange yet compelling. Despite that though, now that it's been a couple of weeks since I read it, it's not necessarily something that sticks with me, if you know what I mean. It was entertaining at the time, and nothing bothered me about it, but it's also easily forgettable.

That's pretty much all I have to say about it.

0 drops:

Post a Comment