Saturday, April 18, 2009

I've been a bad girl!

Okay, a million book review updates. I'll go through them one-by-one, but this pretty much means I'm going to give lackluster updates for most of the ones I just thought was good but nothing special. haha.

First up:

Patricia McCormick's Cut.

Synopsis:
About a girl who cuts herself and is institutionalized for it.

The book is really short, but it never hit the mark for me. I felt it was shallow, and the characters were shells. It never resonated with me, and as a person who understands the sort of driving force that can lead someone to a pathway of self-harm, I expected to empathize with the character much more. I didn't. This book is clearly written for adolescents, but I also felt it wasn't given adolescents enough credit. And the ending was too neat and pat. So I thought it was just a whatever read.

The end.

0 drops:

Post a Comment