Monday, December 22, 2008

Brick walls...

I read Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture pretty fast today. It's short, so you know, not an amazing feat. Of course, everyone has seen his lecture, so I was curious about the book. It's more of the same wisdom, a lot of the same stories he's already told. But man, I got to the end of the book and got really choked up. It's sad to know that he's already passed away. But it's amazing how somebody with such an optimistic view of life was able to touch a bunch of people so quickly.

I like what he keeps saying about brick walls, by the way. That they exist to show us how badly we want something. That's true. In the end, when I want something badly enough, I fight for it.


Don't have much to say about this, since it really is just sort of this inspirational little gift book. But if you have a couple of hours to kill, pick it up and read it. At the very least, you'll be amazed at the dreams this guy was able to fulfil in his short 42 years of life. At the very most, something he says resonates with you enough for you to keep in mind moving forward.

That's all.

0 drops:

Post a Comment