Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I am an abysmal failure at NaNo

Due to all sorts of circumstances, I have been pretty much unable to get myself to write anything except stupid blog entries. It's been 11 days since NaNo began and I've written nothing. I'm hoping my long Thanksgiving break will give me some time to write (that and the cold cold cold of NY always seems to help my muse along), but that's cutting it quite short. Reaching 50K words? Yeah, right.

I miss my writing dates with Moonie.


You'd think being in an MFA would mean writing 24/7, but it's not so. I seem to be paralyzed by everything else that's happening around me. What a failure. I don't even read anymore.

2 drops:

Maria said...

Um..Na No?

I am really out of the loop, huh?

Chumplet - Sandra Cormier said...

Writing 50K words during the month of November, Maria. In theory, the concept is great.

Boy, I'd love to participate in such a yearly NaNoFest, but I don't have that kind of self-discipline.

Surprise - I gotta have 50K written by January 15th due to an impulsive pitch to a new press, but hey, I'm up to the challenge!

Post a Comment