Friday, August 15, 2008

For the reluctant reader!

By the way, Mexican Whiteboy, a book by my friend and former teacher, Matt de la Pena, hit bookstores a couple of days ago. It's a YA book about two teenage boys in search of their fathers (who also happen to be great at stickball), one being, well, half-Mexican, half-white (like the author himself).

I think it's great that Matt writes books that cater to teenage boys - there's not nearly enough out there for them to read that they'd like to read, so especially if you know some reluctant teen boy readers, check it out. Even if not, check it out anyway. :)

2 drops:

David L. McAfee said...

You know, I was just thinking the other day how it seems there really aren't many "boy" YA books out there. It seems (and I readily admit this may be a skewed perspective) that most YA fiction is geared toward teenage girls. I'm going to have to check this one out.

Thanks for the heads up.

GO COWBOYS!!

max said...

Hi,

I grew up as a reluctant reader. Now I write action-adventures & mysteries, especially for boys 8 and up, that kids hate to put down. My web site is at http://www.maxbooks.9k.com and my Books for Boys blog is at http://booksandboys.blogspot.com I also have a short story in a new book called LAY UPS and LONG SHOTS, published by Darby Creek Publishers.

My other books are all ranked by Accelerated Reader

Max Elliot Anderson

NEWSPAPER CAPER, TERROR AT WOLF LAKE, NORTH WOODS POACHERS, MOUNTAIN CABIN MYSTERY, BIG RIG RUSTLERS, SECRET OF ABBOTT'S CAVE, & LEGEND OF THE WHITE WOLF are compared by readers and reviewers to Tom Sawyer, The Hardy Boys, Huck Finn, Nancy Drew, Harry Potter, Tom Swift, Scooby-Doo, Lemony Snicket, and adventure author Jack London.

Post a Comment