Thursday, July 24, 2008

Planes and more planes

I've been so bad about blogging -- it's just been hectic and crazy here. Tomorrow I move out of New York to San Diego. Crazy, right?

Been getting through English Patient whenever I have some time. I started the book in Martha's Vineyard on the beach. I must say, I have no idea what happened in the first 1/4 of the book because it's totally not a beach read and I kept getting distracted. But now that I'm into it, I love it. It's beautiful and dreamy and sandy and wonderful. Sometimes, if I'm not careful, I read over entire paragraphs without really absorbing them, but when I go back and do, I'm usually rewarded. Usually, I'm an impatient reader, but with this book, I'm learning to reread and really take my time, because it's so worth it. There are some passages that just make me sigh with absolute contentment. Too many for me to even highlight.

Hoping to finish it tomorrow on the plane.

0 drops:

Post a Comment