Saturday, March 8, 2008

Laugh out loud.

I never post about passages that make me laugh out loud. I should. Because I can't write funny, and I love it when authors make me giggle.

This made me giggle:

"What is the reason for Batman? The why?"

"It's revenge."

"That's interesting," Sammy said. "See?"

"And he was driven mad."

"Well..."

"And that's why he puts on the bat's clothes."

"Actually, they don't go so far as to say that," Sammy said. "But I guess it's there between the lines."
--[pg. 95, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay]


Hee hee hee. I can SO see this being a convo pulled straight from Overheard in New York.

3 drops:

moonrat said...

yeah, this book nearly killed me a couple of times. bless mr chabon. bless him.

vivian said...

excellent book, angelle...I wrote a critical essay on that one, too, but it's probably a spoiler...have you ever heard the Jewish legend of the Golem of Prague? If not, look it up for background...it will bring an extra dimension to the novel.

Ello said...

FYI - I love overheard in NY!

Post a Comment