Saturday, February 2, 2008

I'm finally going to be published!

I'm back! Tons of fun stuff to talk about, including how I met a Jets rookie in the waiting area at the airport (we didn't even realize for awhile) and saw tons of celebs. But all in all, so effing tiresome. We didn't get SB tickets though, so I think we must have been the ONLY people getting on a flight from Phoenix TO New York today. We were so so so sad...

But anyway, I just wanted to say! One of my stories has been accepted into a small undergraduate (online I think) journal. Yeah, it's nothing big or poster worthy, but it's my very first acceptance ever! It's my very first being-published experience ever! [Press releases SO do not count.] I know nothing about this journal, but whatever, I'll take what I can get!!!!!

Tomorrow I'll have to go through my spreadsheet and withdraw from all the other places I submitted this story to. Part of me wonders if I could have gotten into someplace "better" because this is a story I really slaved over and loved/hated for the past year. But, whatever, it's going to see the light of day by people other than my two writing inclined friends and my writing classes, which is something.

I'm SO excited. This is BETTER than going to the Super Bowl. [Okay, that MIGHT be a bit of a stretch.]


By the way, David, I met a guy at the airport today who is a rep for some Giants guy (someone whose name I didn't recognize). He offered to invite me to the party he's going to throw if they win. Wanna come? *snicker* Also, TO was supposed to be around. I hoped to see him, but no dice.

3 drops:

cyn said...

yay! that's fantastic news, angelle. let us know if we can read it online. =)

David L. McAfee said...

That's INCREDIBLE news, Angelle! Congratulations! I can't wait to read it. :) Keep us all posted on when that will be.

Ooooh, a post-Super Bowl party with Big Blue? That would be sweet. Take pictures if you go. Oh, and since Osi and D Ware are such good friends, maybe DW will show up, too.

Now THAT would be cool:)

Ello said...

Congratulations! That is really awesome news!

Post a Comment