Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I love the Coen brothers... and other book movies.

This just in: Coen brothers are filming an adaptation of Yiddish Policeman's Union. I haven't read that yet, but now I am going to have to, because I love the Coen brothers and they were brilliant with McCarthy. [And Oh Brother Where Art Thou? is an AWESOME movie.]

Also, books I must read so I can watch the movies: Atonement (which is lying on my shelf) and The Other Boleyn Girl. I don't generally read historical fiction much, but the movie looks good. And I keep hearing good things. So those are next, I suppose.

Okay bye.

3 drops:

Emily said...

I highly recommend reading Atonement before seeing the movie.

The book's ending is one of my all time favorites. I hated the way the movie handled the ending, and I think it's a shame that the movie is ruining the surprise of the book's ending for so many people.

I loved the book but was not very enchanted with the movie. I was surprised about this too, considering how much I loved Joe Wright's 2005 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.

moonrat said...

how did you hear about yiddish police?! it's not even in IMDB yet!!

angelle said...

It's in Variety.

Post a Comment