Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How I know my baby sister is growing up (or I'm getting old)

me: what are you reading these days? (expecting her to say some ya novel)
sis: i just bought atonement, balzac and the little chinese seamstress and memory keeper's daughter
me: ..... hey i'm reading atonement too! are you sure it's not too stiff in language for you?
sis: ya i'm reading that now. it's okay so far.

...it makes me feel weird that my baby sister (we're 12 years apart) is reading things i'm reading. Which means we can have a book group.

Also... i just finished reading the first sex scene in Atonement. And the delicate description of the word cunt. I don't know how I feel about my little sister reading that.

2 drops:

cyn said...

looking forward to your thoughts on atonement. my writing friend thought the flowery description of cunt was way too over-written. i can't say i noticed. i liked the film.

Ello said...

I completely understand. I'm 8 years older than my sister. Now that we are older, I can be completely frank and it is refreshing. But I still don't want her to talk to me about her sex life!

Post a Comment