Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Effing illness.

I was all excited because I thought now that my event is over (and football season too), I would get a lot done this week in terms of writing, reading, etc.

It was not to be.

My immune system has done a complete collapse. I went to class on Monday, which was probably a mistake, but because I was being critiqued. And I went home to find that I had a fever and promptly lay around delirious for hours before I finally dragged myself to the kitchen in search of fever reducers at 4 in the morning.

I lay on my couch all day today, sleeping, watching the ticker parade for the Giants, and more sleeping, getting up every so often to see how my rice porridge was doing.

The only reason I'm okay now is because the 12 hours on my Aleve that I took at 4 pm today hasn't worn off yet. But the aches are coming back.

Fuck.

5 drops:

David L. McAfee said...

That stinks.

I hope you are feeling better today.

How do the streets of Manhattan look this morning? Messy?

moonrat said...

poor angelle :(

cyn said...

aiyo!

feel better, angelle. =(

vivian said...

Glad I got out of town in time to avoid the hoopla. AWP was fun, even though I was handcuffed to a table in the Bookfair. Sorry you couldn't come visit Saturday.

I know how you feel (really!); every bone and muscle in my body aches. I could sleep for days.

Ello said...

Feel better soon! It's hard to be sick.

Post a Comment