I had a productive weekend. This is what happens when you put fire under my ass, ie: I am leaving this country for break on the 15th and that just happens to be when my first application is due.
So this weekend, I had a list of things to do. This is what it looks like:
1) Write statement of purpose for UC Irvine
2) Write autobiographical sketch for UC Irvine
3) Tweak #2 to use as general personal statement for all other schools
4) Do a final edit of portfolio piece #1
5) Do a final edit of portfolio piece #2
6) Update resume
7) Write next 10 pages of novel for class
8) Read/critique 4 excerpts for class
9) Do a substantial amt of research work for writer friend
10) Start paper application forms to go with each app
So I went to the library with Moonrat on Saturday and spent about 10 hours there. I returned the next day and worked for collectively, probably another 6 hours. In that time, I managed to accomplish the following:
2) Autobiographical sketch (which means #3 should hopefully go fast)
4) Edit of portfolio piece #1
7) 10 pages of novel
8) 4 excerpts for class
I know. Only 4 knocked off my list. It's insanity. I know. But it took me THAT long!!!
Will chug through it this week, and coming up is a good long weekend to do more. Honestly, I haven't gone xmas shopping at all. I don't know if I will have time before getting on a plane in two weeks' time.
By the way. A big hug and kiss to my favorite editor, Moonrat, for all her help this weekend. And also for lending me her bed and making me delicious eggs this morning. Sammy is a wonderful poet too.