Friday, December 7, 2007

Bookworming pays off!

So, a few weeks ago, my little sister made her school's lit team. It's basically this group of a couple of kids and they have to answer questions on books. Obscure trivia on books, actually. And they have categories like "Newberry Winners" and "Harry Potter" and "Fairytales" -- stuff like that. Anyway, this weekend my sister went to Shanghai for the nationals... and her school came in in first place! What does that mean? Her team gets to represent China for the world competition -- which is taking place in either New Zealand or Oxford. Uh, CRAZY! My question is - WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE THESE WHEN I WAS GROWING UP? And who even knew there were NATIONAL lit competitions for middle schoolers?



I'm sort of jealous. I would have done awesome, and then I could get a trip to New Zealand too.



But kinda cool, eh? Especially when I think about the teeth I had to pull to get my sister to even LOOK at a book when she was a kid. Yay for sis!

0 drops:

Post a Comment