Thursday, November 1, 2007

Only spammers need apply.

Hahaha I'm sorry, this is so funny. I recieved an email from the Asian American Writer's Workshop, part of which contained this following blurb:

Mass Mailing Help Needed!
The Workshop is in need of 4 individuals for a mass mailing. $50 stipend paid upon completion of job.
Tuesday, November 6th, from 5pm to 9pm (or until finished)@ The Workshop 16 West 32nd Street, 10th Floor (btwn Broadway & 5th Avenue) New York City
If interested in applying, email Anjali at agoyal@aaww.org with:
- Your full contact information (inc phone and email)
- Briefly describe your past mass mailing experience


The last line cracks me up. "I am very skilled at the bcc function." Dude, I should apply for that job, that's all I did today. And I'm not sure I got $50 for it.

5 drops:

Ello said...

They want you to describe mass mailing experience? HA!! Cause you know it is so hard to stuff envelopes for quality assurance reasons!

Leigh Russell said...

Hi Angelle, Thank you for bringing this advert to my attention. Nothing appeals to me more than mass mailing. Oh no! I don't have any appropriate experience. They'll never take me now. Guess I'll have to stick to writing. I came so close.....

moonrat said...

lucky you. i've never mastered the bcc function and inevitably end up accidentally mailing a bunch of people a bunch of stuff they shouldn't see. BOO INTERNET.

angelle said...

funny, here:

mass-mailing makes me think automatically, mass E-mailing, ie: throwing 300 emails on a bcc list.

but ello here thought stuffing envelopes, which is probably what it really is, and not nearly as fast and easy. hmm.

Ello said...

I'm betting it is the stuffing envelopes and sealing bit - which sucks! Or maybe just labeling postcards which isn't as bad! It is a nonprofit so I'm betting lots of direct mail campaigns. Watch out for papercuts!

Post a Comment