Monday, October 15, 2007

Moonrat's Book Meme.

Book-related meme I jacked from Moonrat's blog. Because it's Monday morning and I'm bored.

1. Hardcover or paperback, and why? Paperback because it's lighter to carry around and I don't worry about tearing the jacket cover.

2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it... um I have absolutely no idea so I'm going to copout and say Books Taste Good only because it's easy right now.

3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is... ah. This is so difficult. I love this:

"Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta." from, obviously, Nabokov's Lolita.

Also the romantic in me likes:

"Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering." from History of Love by Krauss.

But I think my most favorite of favorites is the Danticat quote from "Children of the Sea":

"From here I cannot even see the sea. Behind these mountains are more mountains and more black butterflies still and a sea that is endless like my love for you."

4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be... Well, it would have to be Edwidge Danticat, wouldn't it?

5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except from the SAS survival guide, it would be… the Bible. I'm kidding. I'm not actually religious so I don't think that would do me any good. Um... on a deserted island... only one book? I honestly don't know. Maybe a large thick edition of the history of the world.

6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that… Oooh ooh! I've thought of this. A bookmark with flags in it. Because I hate marking up/dog-earring my books, so I'd rather flag quotes/sections I like. But there never seem to be flags on hand.

7. The smell of an old book reminds me of... basements?

8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be... Omg, just so frigging cool how he runs to the Catskills and successfully LIVES there for a year.

9. The most overestimated book of all time is… Hmm. I honestly can't really say. Let me read some more and get back to you on this.

10. I hate it when a book... Is perfectly good as a standalone is frigging awesome... and then they go and write a sequel for the sake of milking it.

Bleh. I couldn't think of good answers for most of these. How boring.

0 drops:

Post a Comment