Friday, October 12, 2007

Cali love.

For a long time when I thought I was going to go to business school (yes, wild), I wanted to go to UC Berkeley's program. Because I loved the Bay Area and because I wanted to live out west and because two of my best girl friends live out there.

Well, no more bschool in my future (at least not for now), though SF is still a viable option for me as I'm applying to SFSU. I wondered secretly to myself about how the lit culture there could possibly compare to that in NY (a consideration I have for all of my Cali schools, despite how BADLY I want to live in Cali for a few years), but I must say, if I were in SF this weekend, I would most definitely be attending LitQuake and doing the LitCrawl. Seems so fun.



On a completely separate note, does anyone else find it really ironic that Al Gore, loser of the presidency to a president seemingly obsessed with war, just won a NOBEL PEACE PRIZE? I don't know about you, but I think the Nobel Prize is a better achievement than being commander-in-chief...

4 drops:

moonrat said...

yeah, now if only the Prize leveled actual POWER. but noooo.

writtenwyrdd said...

I'm just puzzled at the Peace Prize for a scientific (sort of) achievement. Gandhi I could understand, but Gore?

I guess because it's a sort of political movement? 'Splain it to me, Lucy...

vivian said...

The Nobel Peace Prize is a 100% political prize. Simple as that. Has nothing to do with peace, actually.

Kaytie M. Lee said...

Oh, SF has a great literary scene! Nothing compares to NYC of course, but for the West Coast, it's great. I loved living there for the literary happenings. Hated living in the South Bay, though (San Jose).

Post a Comment