Thursday, September 20, 2007

Readings Alert: Oh and I just made myself a teensy bit sad.

WAIT! STOP THE PRESSES!

How did I not know about this?

Edwidge Danticat was reading at the 92nd St. Y today! I mean not that I need to pay $18 to see her read again after this weekend butttttt (okay I totally would have). There is no such thing as too many times to hear the authors I love. Well this is what I get for waiting until Thursday to thumb through my culture magazines instead of on Monday when I get them.

So that we don't miss out these three all on the 24th... (next Monday... wait, I think the Ishmael Beah reading is then too)

Ann Packer
The Strand, Bway and 12th
Sept. 24, 7:00 pm
I've never read any of her, but I know people who have, so...

Katha Pollitt
Barnes and Noble, Astor Place and Bway
Sept. 24, 7:00 pm
She's the third panelist on the panel I went to with Danticat on Sunday. The one that was funny but was overshadowed by the guy on his phone?

Don DeLillo
92nd St. Y (@ Lexington)
Sept. 24, 8:00 pm, $18
I've heard mixed reviews on Falling Man, but I suspect I may pick it up one of these days.

1 drops:

Brian J said...

Edwidge will also be at the Thalia Book Club at Symphony Space on Nov 28 discussing Brother I'm Dying with filmmaker Jonathan Demme. An actor will read an excerpt, there will be an audience Q&A, and then a book signing. Hope to see you there!

http://www.symphonyspace.org/genres/seriesPage.php?genreId=4&seriesId=72

Post a Comment