Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Readings Alert: Finish off your September.

Wow, that last entry sucked. I think it was due to my post-lunch slump, I wrote it half-asleep in a desperate attempt to not fall into my keyboard at work.

Anyways.. more readings starting next week (of course, I'm not going to go into the numerous Brooklyn Book Fair options... I think you should all just show up yourselves):

Jonathan Lethem and Jonathan Safran Foer
St. Francis College (180 Remsen St., Brooklyn)
September 16, 3:00 PM
It's Jonathan^2! Love them or hate them, two of Brooklyn's most famous Jon's have a little discussion.

Ishmael Beah
92nd Street Y (Lexington and 92nd)
September 17, 8:15 pm
I haven't read this book (that they're pushing in every Starbucks), but I want to. I'm talking about A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier of course.

Orhan Pamuk
Barnes and Noble (17th and Bway)
September 20, 7:00 pm
I haven't read any of his yet, but I may or may not tag along with Moonratty.
[Apparently also going to be at The New York Public Library the night before]

and looking super forward...

Claire Messud
Symphony Space (Bway and 95th)
September 17, 7:30 pm
I haven't read The Emperor's Children. But I heard it's pretty good.

By the way, I now have Wednesdays free again and would very much like to drop by a reading at Happy Ending one of those nights. Also would like to go to a Sunday night KGB Bar reading. Anyone want to go? Otherwise I may have to suck it up, show up alone, and then pull out my extremely-learned-but-halfway-effective schmoozing skills.

Moonie - can we get Oko on Sunday? I went on Monday and it was closed. Alas.

3 drops:

Chainz said...

I read A Long Way Gone. It is very powerful - and haunting, and a fast read actually. I think I have to go to this reading. Good thing you post the readings otherwise I wouldn't know.

moonrat said...

yeah I'll come back with more info re: Orhan--I NEED to talk to him because he blurbed for me! so I better read all these books over the weekend.

and YES i haven't had oko in forever!! (read: since saturday)

angelle said...

i've never been to oko yet! *wail* how does it make sense that they're closed on mondays?!?!

hm. um. wait, maybe i should read snow and put eggers aside. except i don't even own the book. hrm. maybe i should just listen to him read and THEN judge if i even want to bother. the pile of unread books of mine just keeps growing.

Post a Comment