Wednesday, September 19, 2007

On author stalking...

I've agreed to go with Moonrat to the Orhan Pamuk reading on Wednesday. I've never read any of his books (though I've picked up Snow at the BN table countless times just to put it back down), and I'm not even sure where he's reading from. But I don't decline invitations to go author stalking!

I'm considering changing all my "Reading" labels to "Author Stalking" because that somehow seems more appropriate. But then I'm afraid somebody's agent and/or publicist might find my posts (while searching for poop related google hits) and sue me for being crazy.

So, disclaimer: I am not crazy. I mean, I am, but not in this way. My craziness has more to do with my own inner psychosis, self-doubt, moodiness and emotional drama (otherwise known as super-PMS at all times), and an overly active imagination. But I swear, when it comes to authors, I am perfectly respectable and nice. Charming, even. If a little bit starstruck. But I mean no harm. I just like being around people with a gift for words. They make me happy. They make me feel like somewhere in this world, I might belong.

2 drops:

moonrat said...

stalking. yum yum yum.

moonrat said...

and ps... we all know EXACTLY how crazy you are. full harvest moon etc.

Post a Comment