Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Yorker Festival would make me broke.

The New Yorker Festival (Oct 5-7) tickets go on sale this weekend. I'd like to go to a reading or two if possible, although I'm not so sure about shelling out $16-25 for these events (especially when you can go to readings for FREE so often in the city). But still, reading the schedule of events makes me drool. Jhumpa Lahiri, JSF, Junot Diaz, Miranda July, Ian McEwan, etc etc, and I'm just naming the people I've actually read. Then there's all the other big names, people I still haven't gotten around to reading but I'd listen to read anyway. The bad thing is that a lot of the events are at the exact same time. The good thing is that because they're at the same time, I won't blow money on attending a billion readings. Hmmmmmmm. What to do, what to do....

Perhaps I will just go to the book signings instead...

Dilemmas, dilemmas.

2 drops:

C.D. said...

Damnit. Why don't I live in New York or at least nearby.

I started reading the schedule and I got too upset so I had to close it.

Nebraska sucks.

angelle said...

I've never been to Nebraska so I can't say whether or not I agree on it sucking. But I can say that New York is awesome and that you should move here!!!

Post a Comment