Thursday, September 6, 2007

His voice inspires me, and now he's gone...

Not book related at all, but I'm so devastated about this turn of events that I had to post about this.

Pavarotti is dead.

I am heartbroken. I never got the chance to see him in performance.


How can you not feel your breath catch when you hear this voice?

There are a few things in this world that are unparalleled in their ability to induce inspiration. Listening to Pavarotti sing "Nessun Dorma" is one of mine. The emotions in that voice... just... wow.

Farewell.


3 drops:

moonrat said...

i see you also posted nessun dorma. i'm sitting at my desk and crying at work.

angelle said...

yes. me too....... *sob*

David L. McAfee said...

I'm not crying (I'm far too manly and macho for that....), but I do have something in my eye...

Post a Comment