Monday, July 23, 2007

Vulture blog and HP: cracks me up!

Those of you anxious for me to move on to something not Harry Potter-related: I'm sorry, this is not the post in which I do it.

I just wanted to put down the link for this hilarious NYMag Vulture post on Sam Anderson's reading of book 7. I don't agree with everything he says, though I do think most points have a grain of truth and he just cracks me up in general.

To speak to his biggest complaint, which appears to be that he thinks she's horrible at these huge plots - well, alright, there's a bit of predictability, melodrama and not much breaking out of archetypal forces of good and evil plots. But I think what's great is that (bad writing aside), she takes these archetypes and integrates them into a fully realized, three-dimensional world. And, as I've mentioned before, her world isn't black and white as easily as archetypes would have us believe.

But the article is still effing hilarious.

2 drops:

moonrat said...

oh my god. i pissed myself laughing. why didn't i realize harry was jesus christ?!?!

angelle said...

did you like his callout of the sexual innuendo? i hadn't noticed that before, but it's hysterical.

Post a Comment