Thursday, July 19, 2007

On the Harry Potter leaks...

Why haven't I said anything about the massive break in Harry Potter embargo from the past couple of days? Simple - I've been trying to hide from all Harry Potter media in an effort to shield myself from spoilers. I take this serious, folks! You do not want my wrath if you spoil book 7 for me!

[Okay, fine, it's more like, I've been swamped at work, and can barely find time to post. But it sounded cooler when I said I did it due to contempt for all media, right?]

But truly, there's a part of me that is impatient and wants to look at those images and start reading already. I'm okay with that. What is not cool is spoilers everywhere. The whole point of buying the book the day it comes out, in my mind, is so I can lock myself in my apartment for a day and not emerge (or touch the internet) until I'm completely done. The weekend seemed safe for this, since on weekends I don't work, and therefore, I don't get exposed to media quite as much. But during the weekdays, well, my work is intrinsically media based, and thus it's pretty hard to escape. Luckily, I hear no major news outlets have done the reprehensible thing of letting the cat out of the bag.

By the way, furthering my dorky Star Wars comparisons, Dumbledore's speeches in books 5 and 6 remind me of the whole Obi-Wan Kenobi deal of "If you kill me now, I'll be more powerful" blah blah blah thing. Right? Or did I just make that up.

Um, I swear I'm not a sci-fi/fantasy nerd, however I might pretend to be sometimes.

3 days and counting......

0 drops:

Post a Comment