Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Reading Alert: Michael Ondaatje

I have a few posts coming (including my promised final review of David Mitchell's book). The other two will have to be done later tonight, but in the meanwhile....

I get updates from the Asian American Writers' Workshop. I haven't attended any of their workshops or classes, but they have some really interesting events here and there. The Anchee Min reading I attended was held by them. She isn't that famous, although her books have done well. However, this next reading event I've gotten word of may be a different story for some people.

Michael Ondaatje (how do you pronounce that??) of The English Patient fame will be doing a reading in the fall. Yes, it's awhiles off, but worth keeping on the radar, right? I haven't read the book yet, but I hear it's fantastic (though I fell asleep trying to watch the movie on the plane). So this gives me a few months to plod through it before attending this reading. He's also come out with a new book recently called Divisadero, fyi.

Anyway details are as follows (though I'll certainly repost closer to the date) :

October 27, 2007
6:30 - 8 pm : VIP reception ($100 advanced tickets)
8 pm : Reading/Booksigning ($15 advanced tickets only)

Who wants to come with me? Advanced tickets? Yes?

By the way, AAWW was recently robbed. If you donate $100 or more, you get priority ticketing option (whatever that means) and your name listed in a program book for the reading. If that is the sort of thing that makes you excited, go for it.

1 drops:

moonrat said...

Anil's Ghost was even better than English Patient.

Post a Comment