Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Reading Alert: Khaled Hosseini

Everyone has read Kite Runner, right?

I read that book and cried cried cried. It has been the only book I've ever been so heartbroken by that I had to stop in the middle, push it away, and collect myself because it hurt too much. What a beautiful book.

Well, this morning, I got this email from BN, because I'm a faithful (well, not-so-faithful these days because I keep shopping at Strand) member, letting me know that his new book, A Thousand Splendid Suns, is 46% off! I got excited, although to tell you the truth, I don't know if I want to buy the hardcover. They're kind of a pain to carry around, but I also don't know if I want to wait for the softcover (not that I don't have enough books to occupy me with in the meanwhile).

Then NYMag's Agenda sent me their picks of the day shortly thereafter. And what do you know? Khaled Hosseini doing a reading at BN tonight. So where do you think I'll be tonight?

For those of you also interested:

Where: Barnes & Noble, 17th and Broadway (the Union Square one)
When: 7 PM

He'll be reading from his new book, which may make me decide if I want to buy it RIGHT NOW or not.

1 drops:

C. Dappen said...

I wish I lived in or near New York.

Post a Comment