Thursday, May 31, 2007

Literary idol!

So I subscribe to the actual paper copy of New York Magazine in addition to its blogs. This week there are several really interesting articles on books, including some picks of current books that will become future canons, an interesting article written by a writing professor who did everything BUT the MFA/NY publishing craziness, best underappreciated books, and then this funny little conceit: LITERARY IDOL!

The idea? Read about some authors chosen by NYMag and a short little excerpt of their book. And then log onto NYMag.com and choose your favorite. Votes will be tallied. Yes, absurd and dorky, but I kinda like it because I'm cheesy like that. I haven't read them yet, but I will, and when I do, I'll tell you who I voted for and why. Give it a go.

The other articles aren't bad either.

2 drops:

moonrat said...

Wow. Thanks for helping me decide how to spend my day!

moonrat said...

re: the best books you never read:

I've only read one--Carol Shields' UNLESS. But it is WONDERFUL. I buy it for everyone I can. It's a beautiful amazing book and it's only made more powerful when you realize that the author knew she was dying as she wrote it. I totally agree.

Post a Comment